If you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel, you might believe you’ve already seen this powder wash as I use it in my Night Routine:
You will be pleased to know that I actually still use it and I love it so much that I decided to write a full post about it!
At the very beginning, Wishtrend was a Korean cosmetics eshop based in Seoul but bound for overseas because the website, social media and customer service are all in English. Thanks to the exclusivity of brands available on their eshop, the firm developed its own brand: Klairs. It has a cool retro look which makes me think of Kiehl’s, but Klairs is as good as other big brands because it quickly established itself as a big one too: My favorite toner of ALL TIMES is from Klairs, I even introduced you the 7 Skin Method with it. You can also find it in my full review of the Klairs Rich Moist line that I wrote two years ago. Anyway you understood it by now: I love Klairs.
However, Wishtrend didn’t stop there and developed a new brand: By Wishtrend. A lot of the line’s products are used in my night routine above and… What can I say? I love them as much as Klairs’. Especially this enzyme powder wash that smells like matcha: By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash.
By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash
It was officially launched on November 10th 2017, and this little cleansing powder stands out in many ways: Its pastel green and rounded packaging doesn’t imply that it’s a cleanser, isn’t it? So as the texture because when you spill the bottle in the palm of your hand, a greenish powder comes out!
I developed 3 approaches to use it according to my mood or needs:
- The cleansing day: I pour a bit of water on the powder and I rub my hands to get a soft milky texture that I gently rub on my wet face.
- The exfoliating day: I wet my face, then I start to gently rub the powder directly on it. Before it melts, the powder will softly exfoliate the dead skins – not sensitive, combination to oily skins will LOVE it!
- The cocooning day: With the help of a foaming net, I mix a knob of powder and a little bit of water. Then I get a thicker foam which I massage on my face as the softest cleansing step.
The exfoliating way is my favorite because I love scrubs and it’s a very good 2-in-1. Sensitive and dry skins will enjoy the cocooning one while the classic way will be more than enough when you’re in a rush.
The fact is no matter how I use it, this Green Tea Enzyme Powder Wash is efficient! And thanks to what? An awesome composition obviously:
- Green Tea: Powerful antioxidant and rich in vitamin A, C and E.
- Papain: Regular scrub ingredient, which allows to clear the skin from dead cells.
- Sodium bicarbonate: A really good exfoliating agent since the dawn of the time (or almost)! It deeply cleans the skin, pores and do wonders with acne.
- Amino acid surfactants: Derived of coconut, it allows to efficiently moisturize without bubbling a lot, while keeping the moisture in the skin as much as possible.
Minimalist composition and great results, it’s what and WHY you can enjoy in this Korean brand! This Green Tea Enzyme Powder Wash will totally suit sensitives skins as much as normal skins, with a simple difference of frequency: Combination to oily skins can use it everyday for its exfoliating point while dry skins will be okay with 2 or 3 uses by week, like a classic and soft scrub.
As if everything I just said isn’t enough, let me tell you that if you’re an unconditional matcha lover like me… You will fall in love in two seconds and half: Its fragrance is SO faithful, it feels that you drink a latte while taking care of yourself! Be careful NOT to ACTUALLY DRINK IT, goes without saying ahah.
And while you could wonder if the bottle will be empty (too) quickly, just know that it lasts a few months according to the quantity you wish to use everytime. A knob is more than enough.
I will totally purchase this cleansing powder again because it combines everything I love: it cleans well, additionally exfoliates, doesn’t tug at all, smells terribly good and it’s so much fun to use it!
Just run buy this Green Tea Enzyme Powder Wash already on Wishtrend for $22! The link is affiliated, but be aware (and I hope you already knew that) it doesn’t change anything I wrote about the product. By the way if you never ordered on Wishtrend yet, tape 017338409 at sign up (not at check out, it’s too late) and we’ll both get -5$. :)
trans: @Floryane Chaix